Are you thinking about selling your home in the near future? If so, now’s a great time to take on some remodeling jobs. While you might not be able to enjoy them for a very long time yourself, there are certain types of home remodeling projects in Poulsbo, WA that increase home value substantially.
Here’s a quick look at some of the most valuable home improvements to help you determine which types of projects you should prioritize before selling your home:
- Bathroom remodels: Bathroom remodels are among the most popular and most valuable home improvement projects you can take on. Studies indicate you can recover approximately 75 percent of the investment in your asking price. Home buyers are very attracted to homes that have updated plumbing, vanities, lighting fixtures and flooring.
- Kitchen remodels: The other most popular remodeling project in residential settings, kitchen remodels are certain to add to the value of your home, and you may be able to recoup up to 80 percent of the investment you make in the remodel. Kitchen remodels frequently contain upgrades such as new cabinets and countertops, new sinks and plumbing, new appliances, new flooring, new lighting and new paint.
- Attic insulation: Attic insulation isn’t exactly the most exciting remodeling or renovation project you can take on, but there’s no question of its value. Adding insulation to the attic will greatly improve your home’s air retention, thus saving you a significant amount of money on your monthly energy bills. Not only does this add to the value of your house, but it also provides continued savings over an extended period of time that will greatly benefit the buyer.
- Window replacement: New windows provide both aesthetic and financial benefits. They’ll rejuvenate your home’s appearance, while also creating some significant energy savings by providing better insulation and preventing drafts. Windows can be a major expense, but you can offset much of that expense with the savings in your heating and cooling, and with the amount of value it adds to your home (and therefore your asking price).
- Exterior upgrades: New roofs and siding are big-time value projects that are large, expensive undertakings but will give you a lot of ROI to boost your asking price for your home. Siding in particular will provide some major aesthetic improvement to give your home much more curb appeal. A new roof, meanwhile, will protect the interior of your home for decades to come. New home buyers don’t want to have to take these projects on themselves, so getting them done before you sell is a big deal!
- Exterior structures: New sheds, garages, fences or other exterior structures add utility and value to your property (so long as they are durable and attractive).
Interested in learning more about some of the most valuable home improvement projects you can take on if you’re looking to add value to your house in Poulsbo, WA? Contact the team at Coyote Hollow Construction with any questions you have about potential projects for your home.