When you’re creating your dream home, there are myriad moving pieces. With so many decisions to make and so many parts to consider, it’s easy to overlook something important. Too often, homeowners make one or more of several avoidable home construction mistakes. To make sure you don’t join their ranks, use the following tips for avoiding new home building mistakes in Poulsbo, WA:
- Plan strategically: Consider your lifestyle and the future use of the home as you choose features and create your design. Will this be a starter home or a forever home? Do you plan to entertain a lot? Have overnight guests? Will you work from home? Keep in mind what options make the most sense for how you plant to use the home, both now and in years to come.
- Work with pros: One of the biggest avoidable home construction mistakes in Poulsbo, WA is to attempt to make this a DIY project. Instead, partner with expert contractors and builders to construct your dream home. These professionals have the knowledge, tools and experience necessary to ensure the job gets done right. You can provide input so you get the home you want, without putting the entire project on your plate.
- Review contracts: You don’t want any surprises during or after your home build. As you work with contractors, carefully review all agreements to make sure you understand what is included and expected. The contract should clearly stipulate pricing, payments, suppliers, timeline, responsibilities and any other aspects of the project. Everything should be provided in writing, and you should review all the details before you sign on the dotted line.
- Select your lot carefully: Even if your property has every interior feature you’ve ever wanted, if all of those amenities are in a bad location, you won’t be very happy with the final result. Consider where and how you want your property situated. Do you prefer privacy? Proximity to schools and parks? Do you want evening sunlight, or a nice cross-breeze through the home? Your contractor can help you work through these questions to determine the best lot selection for your needs.
- Consider zoning: Local zoning restrictions can greatly affect your building plans. In addition to choosing property that is zoned residential rather than commercial, you should also consider any requirements for a particular zone. You may be required to build a specified distance from the property line, or a minimum lot size may be required. Zoning laws can also affect what type of structures you can add to the property, such as garages or gazebos.
To save your budget and your dreams, work with expert builders who have your best interest in mind. Contact the team at Coyote Hollow Construction. Our experienced professionals will help you avoid new home building mistakes in Poulsbo, WA. We’ve been the area’s go-to builders since 1990. Our expertise ranges from LEED-certified renovations and bathroom and kitchen remodels to insulated concrete, adult dwelling units and much more. Call now for more tips or to schedule your free one-hour estimate. Reach us at 360-598-4699!
Categorised in: Uncategorized