Remodeling your home isn’t just a way to make your home more pleasant to live in—it’s also a great way to increase your home’s value when it comes time to sell. Whether you’re ready to swap out your old bathroom fixtures or want to install a cheerful new front door, there are plenty of ways to make your home irresistible to buyers.
Here are the best home upgrades to increase its value in Poulsbo, WA:
- Bathroom remodel: Bathroom remodels consistently top the home improvement lists. Whether you want to do a minor remodel (replace tubs, fixtures, lights and flooring) or a complete overhaul, you stand to get a 93 to 102 percent return on your investment. Even a fresh coat of paint and bathtub reglazing can make your home a lot more appealing to buyers.
- Kitchen remodel: Kitchen remodels are the other major moneymaker when it comes to resale value. Your kitchen is the heart of your home, and even minor improvements can make it more enticing. From a minor remodel (cabinet refacing, new oven and sink, laminate countertops and new flooring) or a complete remodel, you will net a 91 to 98.5 percent ROI.
- Adding a porch or deck: Adding more livable space to your home is a great way to command higher prices. You can expect to get about 90 percent back in resale value with the addition of a porch or deck.
- Finishing your basement or attic: Speaking of livable space, finished basements and attics are popular remodeling choices. You can add additional bedrooms, a family room, media center or even a home bar. Bedroom conversions and finished basements usually net about 90 percent on your investment.
- Window replacement: Energy efficiency is the name of the game, especially as utility prices go up. Expect another 90 percent ROI when you invest in quality, energy-efficient windows.
- Updated walls and floors: Even painting your walls can dramatically refresh your home’s look, as well as replacing flooring or carpeting. You will get about 40 percent back.
- Bonus room to home office conversion: Converting your bonus room is another great idea, and gets around 73 percent back during resale. With more people working from home, this is a smart investment.
- New garage door: New garage doors instantly upgrade your home’s exterior, and you can get about 77 percent back.
- New fireplace: Upgrade your living room with a new fireplace, which usually nets 91 percent of the replacement costs.
- Better exteriors: Finally, don’t forget to add curb appeal. Painting, replacing your siding and adding a new front door will return 95 percent. It will also make potential buyers much more likely to stop by your home.
When you need upgrades to improve your home’s value in Poulsbo, WA, let Coyote Hollow Construction help. Get in touch with us today to learn more and get a bid for the project.
Categorised in: Home Remodeling