More and more homeowners are designing open floor plans for multiple rooms in their homes. An open floor plan involves utilizing the space in two different rooms to create the effect (or reality) of one large space. Many people create their open floor plans using the kitchen, dining room and living room. Creating an open floor plan could mean taking down some walls, but it’s usually worth it in the end. Read on to learn about all the reasons many homeowners are investing in open-concept floor plans:
- Better energy efficiency: An open floor plan allows natural light to easily flow from one space to another. Not only does this make the space feel happy and bright, but it also helps save on energy. With an open floor plan, natural light can illuminate several different spaces at once, eliminating the need to turn lights on and off. More natural light is beneficial in other ways as well, as it can increase productivity and even help improve your mood. If you’d like even more natural light in your open space, consider having a few additional windows installed.
- Increases home value: Creating an open-concept floor plan is a great way to increase the value of your home. Open spaces are usually more visually pleasing. Once a potential buyer steps into your home, they will instantly start visualizing all the things they could do with all that open space. Open floor plans also offer a more modern look, which many people prefer in their homes these days.
- Feels like there’s more space: No one likes feeling boxed in, especially in their own home. An open-concept floor plan makes it seem like there’s plenty of room in your home. This is good for productivity, and may even help reduce stress.
- Better interaction with friends and family: Preparing dinner in the kitchen or setting the table in the dining room usually means separating yourself from guests or family members in the living room. With an open floor plan, however, you can easily interact with your guests while making any dining preparations. You won’t have to worry about missing any interesting conversations or fun interactions.
- Fun to design: You can release your creative side when designing an open floor plan. You might choose to bring in all-new furniture to give off a certain aesthetic. You could add some new decorations to accent your kitchen or dining area. There are so many possibilities! Designing open-concept floor plans is best done with a home remodeling contractor. They will give you advice on what will work best in your space and can provide an estimate to ensure you stay within your budget.
- Increased safety: If you have children, you know the importance of watching them at all times. However, this is difficult to do if you’re working in the kitchen and your child wanders into the living room. With an open floor plan, you can always keep an eye on your child.
When you’re ready to get started on your brand-new open-concept floor plan, contact the experts at Coyote Hollow Construction to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Floor Plans